November 1, 2011 (Louisville, KY) - Online registration for the 2012 UCI Masters Cyclo-cross World Championships, scheduled for January 12th-15th in Louisville, KY, will open on November 2nd at 8am eastern time on BikeReg.com.
Participants can register for the following age groups: M / W 30-34; M / W 35-39; M / W 40-44; M / W 45-49;
M / W 50-54; M /W 55-59; M / W 60-64; Women 65+; Men 65-69; Men 70-74 and Men 75+.
Pre-registered riders will begin being assigned their qualifying heat times (when necessary) on December 16th according to the following schedule and then on an on-going basis until on-line registration closes on January 8th, 2012. The number of heats will be determined according to the published guidelines. Registration opens with early pricing at $75 per rider through December 15th. On December 16th the entry fee moves to $100 per rider and closes on January 8th. On-site registration will be available for $125.
The Galt House Hotel is the official hotel of the Louisville World Championships.
ALL NUMBER PICK UP AND REGISTRATION WILL BE AT THE GALT HOUSE.
The Galt House is located at 140 N. 4th Street, Louisville, KY Please call 502/ 589-5200 and use reservation code Louisville Championships 2013 to receive the race rate. Visit www.galthouse.com for more information about the hotel.
ALL RACES WILL BE RUN UNDER UCI EQUIPMENT AND RACING RULES. Please refer to the UCI Website for further information. www.uci.ch
LOUISVILLE CYCLOCROSS DERBY presented by SRAM: Industry Race, run Little 500 style
IR = if required
Eligibility Guidelines as follows:
- Rider must be of cyclo-cross racing age of 30 or older.
- Riders who appear in the UCI Elite cyclo-cross rankings or have earned UCI points in the 2011-2012 season are ineligible for the Masters World Championships.
- Riders who participated in the UCI Elite Cyclo-cross World Championships, Continental Cyclo-cross Championships or any UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup during the 2011-2012 season are ineligible to compete at Masters Worlds.
- Any rider who has been a member, during the 2011-2012 season, of a team registered with the UCI in any discipline is ineligible for the Masters World Championships.
- There will be no ability category restrictions in order for riders to compete.
All racers will be required to hold a 2012 International Racing license. For U.S.-based Masters age racers unaccustomed to this requirement, USA Cycling recommends beginning the application process as soon as the 2012 licenses will be available for purchase on December 1, 2011. The international license allows riders to compete in domestic road, mountain bike, cyclo-cross and track events; therefore riders will not need to purchase a separate domestic license for the 2012 season.
Qualifying and Field Limits:
The UCI Masters Cyclo-cross World Championships have a UCI-mandated field limit of 80 riders.
For fields with greater than 80 registrants the UCI Cyclo-cross Commission has determined that short heats will be installed, with a limit of 60-70 riders per heat and a maximum of eight heats, and a 'repechage'. Start order for the World Championship final will be according to the results of the heats.
Start Order / Call-Ups / Finals Qualification
- Call ups for all qualifying races will be random draw.
- For fields greater than 75 riders a three-lap heat race will be contested. The number of heats will be determined by the total number of riders registered. In the heats, riders will be called up by random order in the same method as mentioned above. The finals will be raced with 80 riders with five coming from the Repechage. The Repechage is open to all racers who did not qualify for the Finals coming out of their qualifying heat.
- For the World Championship Final, riders will be called up by their order of finish in their heats (all first riders of the different heats, all second riders of the different heats and so forth).
- A second final - or Consolation Final - will be raced to determine finishing places 81-onward.