British Cycling officially announced today the 12 riders selected to represent Great Britain at the 2013 UCI Cyclo-Cross World Championships taking place on February 2-3 in Louisville, Kentucky.
Recently crowned National Champions Ian Field, Nikki Harris and Billy Harding are included in the squad, along with current European Champion Helen Wyman and Olympic mountain biker Annie Last.
Speaking of the team selection, GB Cyclo-Cross Team Manager Phil Dixon told BrisishCyling: “The women’s team in particular have had a very strong season, with Helen Wyman and Nikki Harris now both ranked in the top five in the individual UCI rankings whilst the GB women are ranked second in the nation rankings so that should make for a very exciting race.
"Following on from the National Championships at the weekend, Ian Field was the standout men’s rider for me having won the national champion jersey for the second consecutive season. I’m also interested to see how the Under-23 and Junior squads get on – we’ve selected some young development athletes to take to the Worlds and they’re looking to build on the experience they gained by racing at the European Champions in Ipswich in November. Overall, the team is looking in good shape and we’re all looking forward to the racing.”
GB Team for the 2013 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships
- Ian Field (Hargroves Cycles/Specialized) - @FieldyCX
- Gabby Day (Team Rapha-Focus) - @Gabby_Day
- Nikki Harris (Young Telenet Fidea Cycling Team) - @Nikkiharris86
- Annie Last (Trek Factory Racing) - @AnnieLast1
- Helen Wyman (Kona/FSA Factory Team) - @CXHelen
- Steven James (Hargroves Cycles/Specialized) - @StevenJamesMTB
- Adam Martin (Metaltek - Knights of Old RT) - @Side_show1
- Hugo Robinson (X RT/Elmy Cycles) - @HugoRobinsonXRT
- Billy Harding (Paul Milnes/ Bradford Olympic RC)
- Adam King (Cardiff JIF/Cyclopaedia)
- Jack Ravenscroft (Solihull CC) - @JackRavenscroft
- Jake Womersley (Sportscover Altura RT) - @Jake_womersley
Follow the racers selected by their respective countries to participate at the 2013 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships via our twitter lists: